CLAIRE: How long is the race this weekend?
本周的比赛跑多少里?

 

PAUL: Ten miles. It's not very long.
10英里。不算长。

 

CLAIRE: And who's in the race?
都有谁参加这次比赛?

 

PAUL: Well, there are lots of fantastic runners. They come from all over the world.
嗯,都是一些非常棒的运动员,他们来自世界各国。

 

CLAIRE: Like who?
比如呢?

 

PAUL: Well, there are some from Australia. They compete in all the European events, and they're impressive.
比如来自澳大利亚,他们参加所有澳洲赛事,非常令人钦佩。

 

CLAIRE: Can you compete with them?
你能跟他们比吗?

 

PAUL: Well. I'm not in the first rank. I can compete in this race, but it's my first half marathon.
额,我不是一流的,我能在这次比赛中跟他们竞争,但是不是我的第一个半程马拉松比赛。

 

PAUL: I need practice for the London Marathon next year.
我需要为明年的伦敦马拉松训练。

 

CLAIRE: I'm sure you can do well, Paul.
我确定你能做得很好的保罗。

 

PAUL: Well, maybe...
额,或许吧...

 

PAUL: The other runners are really international.There are Moroccans, Brazilians, Canadians, Germans, Chinese— you name it! They're all very good. Let's wait and see!
其它的运动员真的是国际的,有摩洛哥、巴西、加拿大、德国和中国运动员,应有尽有,他们都非常棒,我们拭目以待吧。
William: The first of August, Karen! It’s Robert’s birthday.I can't believe it! Robert's 10 today!
今天是8月1号,凯伦,是罗伯特的生日,真难以置信,罗伯特都10岁了。

 

Karen: I know! Ten years old already!
我知道,都10岁了啊。

 

Karen: Happy birthday, Robert! Here's a gift for you from you father and me!
生日快乐,罗伯特,这是爸爸妈妈给你的礼物。

 

Robert: Oh, great! Thanks Mum! Thanks, Dad!
哇,太棒了!谢谢妈妈!谢谢爸爸!

 

Robert: Oh, great !A new bike ! Oh, look at the gears! Dad! It’s got Campagnolo gears! Oh,wow!
哦。太好了,是辆新自行车,哦,看看那个齿轮,是康帕吉奥罗齿轮,哇哦。

 

William: You’re quite tall now,Robert. You need a new bicycle. But you must be careful. The traffic is very dangerous.
你现在很高了,罗伯特,你需要一辆新自行车,但是你得小心,交通太危险了。

 

Karen: Don’t worry about the traffic now! Happy birthday, Robert, and many happy returns of the day!
现在不要担心交通,生日快乐,罗伯特,祝你长寿百岁。

 

William: Yes, many happy returns of the day. Robert.
对,罗伯特,祝你长命百岁。
William: Robert's not well, Karen! What's the matter with him?
罗伯特不太好,凯伦,他怎么了?

 

Karen: He’s got toothache.
他牙疼。

 

William: Poor Robert ! He looks awful. Please call the dentist!
可怜的罗伯特,他看起来很糟糕,快给牙医打电话。

 

Karen: Yes, yes, of course!
嗯嗯,好的。

 

Karen: Hello ? My name’s Karen Jenkins. We are Mr. Hall’s patients. Please can I make an appointment for my son, Robert? It’s an emergency.
你好,我是凯伦.詹金斯。我们是Hall先生的病人。请问我现在能给我儿子罗伯特预约吗,很紧急。

 

Karen: Yes, that’s right. Robert Jenkins. He’s got terrible toothache. Yes, That’s today, with Mr. Hall. That’s at half past four this afternoon. Thank you very much.
对的,是的。罗伯特.詹金斯, 他牙齿非常的疼,对的,今天,预约Hall医生,今天下午4点半,好的,谢谢。

 

William: Poor Robert ! He looks miserable!
可怜的罗伯特,他看上去很痛苦。

 

Karen: You look miserable, too!
你看上去也很痛苦。

 

William: I feel miserable.
我是感觉很痛苦。

 

William: Oh, well, the appointment’s for today. Let’s hope for the best.
哦,好了,预约的是今天,让我们抱乐观的希望。

 

Karen: Poor Robert ! Poor you !
可怜的罗伯特,可怜的你。
Paul:Hello,Claire!How are you today?
你好,克莱尔,今天好吗?

 

Claire:Hi,Paul!I’m fine,but I hate this weather!
你好,保罗,我很好,但是我讨厌这天气。

 

Paul:What do you mean?The weather’s quite nice today.
怎么讲?今天天气很好啊。

 

Claire:It’s wet!It’s always wet!Is it ever fine and warm in England?
太潮湿,总是很潮湿,难道在英格兰就没有舒适暖和的天气吗?

 

Paul:Well,of course it is!It’s always lovely in summer!
额,当然有,夏天天气就都很好。

 

Claire:But when is that?Is it ever dry and sunny for two days together?
但那是什么时候呢?连续两天一直都不下雨、有阳光吗?

 

Paul:Well,that’s how it is with an Atlantic climate!It’s often hot and dry in summer.But it rains sometimes in summer,too,especially in July.
嗯,大西洋气候是这样的:夏天总是炎热干燥,但是夏天也时常下雨,尤其是7月份。

 

Claire:You’re right.It’s July now.It’s cool,and it’s very wet!
对,现在就是7月,又凉又潮湿。

 

Paul:Well,that’s the difficulty!It’s wet now,and cool,too.The weather changes all the time.But we have an interesting climate!Every day is different!
嗯,这就是难事,现在又湿又冷,天气总在变,但是我们有一个很有趣的气候,那就是每一天都不一样。
Customer 1: What's on the menu? Show me the menu, please.
今天的菜单有什么?请给我菜单谢谢。

 

Waiter: I'm sorry. There isn't a menu. You can see the food, and you help yourself.
对不起,没有菜单,你可以看到食物,然后自助。

 

Customer 1:That's vegetable soup, isn't it?
哪个是蔬菜汤,对吗?

 

Waiter:Yes, that's right.
是的。

 

Customer 1:Pass me a bowl of soup, please.
请给我一碗汤。

 

Customer 2:And a bowl of salad for me, please.
再给我一碗沙拉。

 

Waiter:One soup, one salad. Here you are.
一碗汤,一碗沙拉,给你。

 

Customer 1:That looks nice. What is it?
那个看起来不错,那是什么?

 

Waiter:It's meat and vegetables in tomato sauce.
那是番茄酱炒肉和蔬菜。

 

Customer 1:Give me one of those,please.
请给我一份。

 

Customer 2:And a small piece of fish for me,please.
请给我一小份鱼。

 

Waiter:Please just take them. Here you are!
给你,请拿着。

 

Customer 1:Thank you, my dear.That's fine!
谢谢,亲爱的,真不错。

 

Customer 1:Can you bring us some coffee, please?
你能给我一些咖啡吗?

 

Customer 2:And a jug of water, with two glasses?
还要一壶水,两个杯子。

 

Waiter:I'm sorry, ladies, but this is a self-service restaurant! You must help yourselves!
对不起,女士,这是自助餐厅,你们得自助。